We believe Good Health creates a foundation to move out of homelessness. Groundswell’s people focused health work and innovative services enable people who are homeless to access the health care they need – because everyone has a right to good health.
We achieve good health through homeless health services, health promotion and maintaining a ‘healthy Groundswell’.
Homeless health services
- We support people experiencing homelessness to access the health care they need through personalised Homeless Health Peer Advocacy (HHPA) services across the UK.
- We train people with experience of homelessness to become volunteer Peer Advocates who build relationships with people who are experiencing homelessness; increasing trust and motivation to use health services, improving their physical and mental health.
- Through our health work people will begin to access healthcare independently and have improved health and increased life expectancy, in line with the general population. Read the full evaluation of the HHPA service in our Saving Lives, Saving Money report
- Groundswell are partnering with local charities across the country, supporting them to roll out HHPA so we can ensure everyone experiencing homelessness has equal access to good health. Find out how we can help you to set up HHPA in your area
- Through group in-reach sessions we give people experiencing homelessness the tools to understand and take control of their situation; recognising how to make safer informed choices about their own lives.
- Through Groundswell’s national #HealthNow campaign we’re working towards an inclusive health system where everyone has equal access to the healthcare they need.
- Good health and well-being are at the heart of Groundswell; we strive to make Groundswell a healthy and satisfying place to work. We’re committed to ensuring that we are a leader in the Health and Social Care sector with regards to providing a healthy and satisfying place to work and volunteer.