We are committed to developing and supporting a workforce of people with experience of homelessness to participate in designing and delivering solutions to homelessness whilst progressing in their own lives.
We achieve progression through peer engagement, employment and participatory practices.
- Developing a national network of volunteers with experience of homelessness to support delivery of all three strands of our strategy
- Encouraging people who are or have been homeless to take control over their lives, to help them move out of homelessness and contribute to society.
- Ensuring all staff and volunteers can receive coaching support, helping them to identify and overcome issues that are preventing them from progressing in their lives.
- We create opportunities for Groundswell staff and volunteers to progress into fulfilling careers.
- Groundswell trains people with experience of homelessness to become volunteers; giving them practical and professional skills and knowledge to help them progress in their lives.
- Groundswell are dedicated to having the right participatory structures across the organisation to guide good governance and our learning as an organisation.
- All our volunteers and over two thirds of our staff have been homeless; Groundswell cannot exist without their participation.
- Through training, we ensure all staff and volunteers are fully equipped and confident to deliver their work effectively and safely.