Groundswell’s HHCP Health Report 2021
This health research was completed in 2021. 261 participants living in supported housing in Westminster completed a health audit. The research had the following aims:
- Understand the physical and mental health needs (diagnosed and undiagnosed) of people experiencing homelessness in Westminster.
- Propose recommendations to improve the health care experience of those at risk of, or experiencing, homelessness in Westminster.
- To collect evidence on the health needs of people experiencing homelessness in Westminster.
- For staff in services to initiate important conversations with residents about their health needs.
- In-reach mobile dental unit treating residents on-site or dental screening and ocular screening
- Social workers to support the sustaining of care packages and increased referrals for social care assessments
- Conduct PIE assessments of services and use trauma and Psychological Informed Environment toolkits.
- Psycho-educational sessions on mental health could help people who have hidden/undiagnosed mental health issues to be identified and support people to manage their own mental health.